Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Catharine's Annotated Bibliography's

Manson, Angela, and Brigette Cooper. "Career influences and perceptions of a pre-dental

hygiene students." BNET (2009): 11. Web. 5 Apr 2010.

 

The article was made to describe characteristics of students interested in Dental Hygiene, and communicating information about the dental Hygiene profession to interested students. It may help promote career fit and ultimately lead to increased retention within the profession.  This article states many research projects and facts that they’ve been working on for quite some time. And the main influences that would make someone what to choose this career. Dental hygiene career choice studies have identified dental professionals, particularly dental hygienists and dentists, as the leading persons of influence in choosing dental hygiene as a profession. I don’t have anyone in my family that is a dentist or dental hygienists, although I do know many people who are. And I’ve always been interested in it. This article shows some of the reasons why. Therefore   I’ve picked this article because I would think I could put myself in the category that would be influenced to pick this career. I feel that I can relate and get more of an understanding of why I’m interested in this career.


Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2010-11

Edition, Dental Hygienists, on the Internet (visited April 07, 2010).

This website ended up having every bit of information I really could ever want to know about being a dental hygienist. It starts off with it’s main points of information telling you. A degree from an accredited dental hygiene school and a State license are required for this job. Dental hygienists rank among the fastest growing occupations. Job prospects are expected to be favorable in most areas, but strong competition for jobs is likely in some areas. And About half of all dental hygienists work part time, and flexible scheduling is a distinctive feature of this job. It talks about you work enviorment, salary, schooling needed, job outlook, and even other jobs that you might be interested in. With all that being said it’s clear to see why I pick this as one of my sources. It has pretty much every bit of information I might need. Also it helps to answer any questions I might need answered. 


"Dental Hygienist ." Wikimedia Foundation, Inc., 28/02/2010. Web. 7 Apr 2010. 

This website was a wiki. It’s a website that has a tun of information on it but can be edited or changed by anyone at anytime. A lot of teachers don’t allow this to be used but this website has provided me somewhat with the same information as the other’s but it can never hurt to have more. It has a great intro telling me just the main facts that I need to know about my career. Than goes into once again, salary, and dental hygienist process of care. But not only does it share all this information about dental hygienist in the United States but other states also.. So this website is help full not only because it has the normal information on it but because it gives you an outlook on how this career is in different places. 


Fried, Jacquelyn L.l. "Finding Solutions: implementation of the ADHP model. (Critical issues in Dental Hygiene)."

 Journal of Dental Hygiene 22 June 2009: n. pag. Web. 7 Apr 2010.

This article is about the Advanced Dental Hygiene Practitioner (ADHP) model for health care delivery in the U.S. champions the provision of accessible quality care to the underserved, the promotion of healthy lifestyles and quality of life, and the belief that oral health care must be integrated into the delivery of comprehensive health care services. Now this article didn’t give me all the information like salary and schools stuff like that, but it opened me up to some issues going on with oral health and dental hygiene. Now up above is just a small portion of what the article is on. But I found all of it very useful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment